tonywhelan

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Replies
  • tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Hmm. Had a look at the default SIP Profile, something I had not ever looked at or fiddled with before.

    I noticed that “Send Remote Party ID” was set to Yes. Changed it to No and now the trunk is working.

    I have no idea why this caused a problem but it looks like things are all OK now. Thanks for the help 🙂

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    @ing-joserivera26

    Thanks for that, will keep in mind. I will be doing some more testing today.

     

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down
    Posted by: @tonywhelan

    I just installed the ARM version 2.3.4-2armv7hl on a Raspeberry Pi test device as per https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-in-raspberry-pi-3-b/

    Set up an extension, a trunk for the ‘problem’ sip provider, and an outbound route. Calls are working OK. Yet my main machine with VitalPBX Community v2.4.1-2 refuses to work with the same provider.

    I will play around some more with sngrep to see if I can work out what is going on.

    Unfortunately sngrep is apparently not available for ARM devices.

    I’d still like to build an earlier x86 version of VitalPBX if I can find where to download it – eg v2.4.0?

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    I just installed the ARM version 2.3.4-2armv7hl on a Raspeberry Pi test device as per https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-in-raspberry-pi-3-b/

    Set up an extension, a trunk for the ‘problem’ sip provider, and an outbound route. Calls are working OK. Yet my main machine with VitalPBX Community v2.4.1-2 refuses to work with the same provider.

    I will play around some more with sngrep to see if I can work out what is going on.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Thank you mrivera, I had not been aware of sngrep till now.

    I’ve used sngrep just now and cannot see any clues as to why the provider is returning a ‘bad gateway’ message to the PBX yet a softphone works fine when configured to directly use the same account.

    I’d like to try building an earlier version of VitalPBX on my test box to see if it does the same thing. Can you tell me where I can download an earlier version of VPBX?

    0
    • in reply to: Linphone
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Hi, Linphone works for me on an extension and always has, never needed any special settings.

    Can you make internal calls – eg to the speaking clock (*70 by default)? If you get silence then maybe your Linphone’s Settings/Multimedia/Audio Playback setting is pointing at wrong audio device?

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Resolved. It was some sort of corruption in my profile at my voice provider. All working ok now.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Some phone (eg Yealink T23G) have a dropdown list of countries to set the tones for you, which makes it easy.

    Others, like my SPA303, require you to type in a complicated series of codes. If you are in that situation, you might have to search the web to find the correct sequence of codes for German ring tone.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    I have several different handset types on my PBX extensions and most had the USA ring & ringback tones instead of the Australian (AU) tones I wanted. I found I had to change the settings on the actual phone handsets rather than the PBX.

    I had to do this change on a Cisco SPA303 and a Grandstream GXP1610 to make them sound correct.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Thank you, much appreciated

     

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Hello Miguel, I have just woken up (its 3am here) and seen the posts above. I tried the same commands, here’s my results:

    I called x209 from x201, then x209 pressed Warm Transfer (*2):
    [2019-04-24 03:24:35] VERBOSE[17011][C-00000007] pbx.c: Executing [209@sub-local-dialing:29] Set(“SIP/201-0000000b”, “MOH_CLASS=moh5”) in new stack
    [2019-04-24 03:24:35] VERBOSE[17011][C-00000007] pbx.c: Executing [209@sub-local-dialing:30] GosubIf(“SIP/201-0000000b”, “0?sub-set-moh,s,1(moh5)”) in new stack

    But the wrong MOH (asterisk moh) played instead of my custom (moh5).

    then I executed module reload res_musiconhold.so:
    Module ‘res_musiconhold.so’ reloaded successfully.

    Log says:
    [2019-04-24 03:31:32] WARNING[17852][C-00000008] res_musiconhold.c: Music on Hold class ‘moh5’ not found in memory. Verify your configuration.

    Executed vitalpbx –check-integrity
    [root@vitalpbx moh]# vitalpbx –check-integrity

    No Issues Found!

    I again executed module reload res_musiconhold.so

    [2019-04-24 03:35:59] VERBOSE[18332] loader.c: Reloading module ‘res_musiconhold.so’ (Music On Hold Resource)
    [2019-04-24 03:35:59] VERBOSE[18332] res_musiconhold.c: Files not found in /var/lib/ombutel/static/497f4f0215e1b31a/moh/1 for moh class:default

    and the correct MOH now plays.

    I’m not sure which step “fixed” it but it looks like there is an ongoing problem that needs attention.

     

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    After a reboot it seems to be back to normal as per attached pic.

    cheers

     

    0
    • in reply to: MOH issues
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    This is now working correctly with v2.3.1-1 on my test machine and on the updated production machine. Thank you.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    This is now working correctly on my test machine and on the updated production machine. Thank you.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Works very nicely, thank you!

    0
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)